- To ensure that all Company quality parameters and procedures are complied with and that all products manufactured meet the required standards and specifications.
- To ensure that the highest standards of hygiene and housekeeping are maintained in all warehouse and yard areas.
- To ensure that the highest levels of communication are maintained with the warehouse teams and that the individuals are appropriately trained and motivated.
- To adopt a continuous improvement approach striving to achieve improved performance against all measured parameters, especially product quality, labour control and information recording.
- To take part in internal quality audits and instigate quality improvement plans and corrective actions.
- To pro-actively identify process development opportunities and to work with other departments to successfully implement such projects.
- To regularly report performance against plans, targets, and Key Performance Indicators.
- To liaise with the external Transport and Warehousing providers to ensure timely, safe and efficient movement of goods between the sites.
- To review and manage the performance of the warehouse team, proactively managing their motivation, identifying training needs and developing skills as appropriate.
- To inform the warehouse manager of any issues which may adversely affect warehousing or customer service or product quality.
- To deputise for warehouse manager in his absence
RESPONSIBILITY FOR COLLEAGUES/EQUIPMENT/BUDGET
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for all colleagues on their shift. A growing involvement in certain budgetary controls is envisaged, as well as responsibility for occasional project work. The shift supervisor will be expected to deputise in the absence of the warehouse manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS/KEY RESULT AREAS
- Colleague Performance (individual KPI’s etc)
- Site Hygiene
- Accuracy of despatches to customers
- Timeliness of receipts and despatches
- Management of colleagues (timekeeping, disciplinary issues)
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday, 2pm to 10pm
Applicant must hold a valid Counterbalance/Bendi licence and at least 1 years supervisory experience.
Any other duties commensurate with the grade, which may be required from time to time.
Please note: all details are provided for guidance only and do not necessarily limit the responsibilities and accountabilities of the job.
Application deadline: 22/10/2021