Posted 03 July 2020
LOCATION: Cross Green
REPORTING TO: Head of Snacks
JOB GROUP: Marketing
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB (Why does the job exist?)
We believe in the power of BOLD IDEAS. We’re looking for a Social Creative – someone who lives and breathes social currency and wants to deliver big ideas for our famous brands NAKED and MUG SHOT. This is a new role within the Symington’s business and with it the opportunity to shape how we use social for our brands and bring the ‘outside in’ in terms of best practice.
Owns strategy for social media with brand managers with primary focus on Mug Shot and Naked brands Tactical support on Twistd and Chicken Tonight brand.
- Develops 12 month content strategy to define how social will deliver against brand objectives? E.g. Mug Shot relevancy challenge.
- Shapes and defines brand look and feel (where relevant)
- Sets clear brand and social KPIs and measures and reports on them
- Manages monthly cycle of content for brands
- Creating content – visuals and copywriting
- Defines social ad spend and implements
- Works with creative agency on quarterly (TBC) mini ‘activations’ / where produced content is required
- Monthly reporting of performance and identify opportunities to improve
- Proactive/reactive content created
- Responsive to relevant news stories
- Distributes samples to influencers/consumers
- Specific focus on what other brands either competitor or outside our categories are doing well
- Present back opportunities and best practice
- Ensure we stay agile and relevant
- Quarterly reviews of other brand campaigns
- Management and reporting of US social content
- One direct report who has sole focus on the US market
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate the ‘why’ behind your concepts.
- Natural curiosity and a proactive that allows you to find inspiration in anything and everything.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- A problem-solver at heart who loves to help their colleagues.
- A passion for creating meaningful work that challenges the status quo.
- Able to operate and communicate within a team
- High proficiency across Adobe’s Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign) desirable
RESPONSIBILITY FOR STAFF/EQUIPMENT/BUDGET
- Responsible for social budget
- One direct report
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS/KEY RESULT AREAS
- Achieve budget brand sales and performance targets
- Achieve specific social KPIS by brand
Please note: all details are provided for guidance only and do not necessarily limit the responsibilities and accountabilities of the job.