Dartmouth Way - Leeds
We are looking to recruit an experienced Stores Person to join our established team at our Dartmouth Way Site. The role is a full time role, working 40 hours per week.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for front line engineering support to the manufacturing operations in the provision of an engineering service responsible for the supply of spares and change-parts.
- Maintain stock levels of parts and materials required by the Engineering department.
- Place purchase orders for parts required to support engineering maintenance and repairs through the MMS (maintenance management system).
- Check and record deliveries received by the Engineering department.
- Administration of Engineering records and spreadsheets.
- Liaise with outside organisations, internal departments across all Symington’s sites and individuals as required.
- Manage ordering for site with deliveries direct to site.
- Stock inventory management through daily and rolling perpetual inventory counts.
- Organise service visits for plant machinery with external suppliers, support on managing contractors – permit to work and contractor controls.
- Reporting – extraction of budget, purchasing and stock information.
- Liaise with finance department to process payments.
- Asset control for on- and off-site machinery.
- Liaise with suppliers to negotiate best prices and availability for engineering spares.
- Management of information via KPI reporting
- Updating legislative documentation
- Management of internal and external audits
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.