Dartmouth Way - Leeds
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB (Why does the job exist?)
The role exists to ensure that plumbing / joinery maintenance work across the site is tended to in a timely manner and all Health and Safety aspects around this work is in line with regulations and legislation.
- To ensure a Dynamic Risk Assessment is carried out before any work is commenced.
- To work to a High Standard and comply with Health & Safety legislation.
- Ensure that any projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Be able to work at height
- Reactive breakdown support in extremely busy situations.
- Assist and liaise with external contractors and other works as necessary
- Keeping up the maintenance of buildings and offices to comply with current legislation
- Be able to work independently on task lists
- Be involved with building and maintenance work, when required, to alter or create workspaces suitable for the needs of the business.
- To take an active role in continuously developing your skills and knowledge through self-development activities and/or through attending Company organised training and development opportunities.
- To ensure that the Company is professionally represented at all times, both inside and outside the business.
- To respond to ad hoc requests as directed by your line manager.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required by the Company to ensure buildings are well maintained.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR STAFF/EQUIPMENT/BUDGET
No staff responsibility or budget
Responsible for equipment maintenance ensuring repair / check and monitoring where necessary in line with H and S requirements.
- The ideal Candidate would have good plumbing and joinery skills (Plumbing biased with qualifications)
- Relevant experience in the building services or maintenance industry.
- Be able to commute between sites
- Committed, reliable and flexible
- Hours of work will be 8am-4.30pm
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.