NB – this is a generic list; some activities within it may not be relevant to your specific position at any given time, but you are responsible for the execution and discharge of all items that reasonably fall within your remit.
- To ensure that all Company quality parameters and procedures are complied with and that all products manufactured meet the required standards and specifications.
- To liaise with raw material suppliers to ensure they meet Company standard, and to ensure they supply a certificate of analysis or conformance for the product.
- To sample and test raw materials to ensure compliance with Company quality standards and agreed specifications.
- To test finished products in accordance with Company quality standards.
- To test samples as back of pack to ensure customer compliance.
- To investigate non-conformances through internal procedures or through external customer complaints.
- To carry out internal quality, hygiene, & QMS auditing.
- To maintain quality records and monitor trends.
- To carry out project work as and when required to meet departmental objectives.
- To ensure all persons on site adhere to the correct Company hygiene regulations.
- To highlight unsatisfactory/out of specification or any matters of concern to the Assistant QA Manager.
- To prepare new product launch packs.
- To train factory staff in quality procedures and processes where required.
- To liaise with customers for Quality Audits &/or compliance panels where required.
- To keep accurate & detailed records on the Technical Drive.
- Ensures that all documentation is archived and collated in accordance with our document control procedures.
- To ensure compliance to our BRC Accreditation.
Candidates will be able to display a full understanding of a QA Technician requirements and relevant experience to support their application. With an ability to make decisions, candidates applying will need to have excellent communication skills- written and verbal. Ideally you will have Food Safety and HACCP to level 3 and must have worked within the food industry previously.