We are looking to recruit Production Operatives at our Consett Site.
The role exists to ensure that the production and packaging of product is completed in line with customer quality standards and customer order requirements with consideration and adherence to site health and safety standards.
- To work in the production area in either the prep, assembly, or retort and packing team to ensure products are produced in line with the production plan and in accordance with the recipe and specification sheets
- This involves weighing raw materials to make sauces, making sauces, preparing ingredients for the assembly line, packing ingredients into pouches, managing the retort trolleys, drying and labelling the pouches and packing the products into outer cases.
- To ensure you are working efficiently and effectively in the production area, or warehouse, maintaining the run rates set and minimizing the amount of downtime, or unproductive time.
- To ensure raw materials, work in progress and finished stocks are handled appropriately to maintain the quality and yield standards and minimize waste in line with recipe sheets.
- To ensure you have adequate training for the tasks you are asked to complete
- To adhere to the site GMP rules, technical standards, policies and procedures outlined in the Quality Manual
- To ensure all paperwork has been completed correctly
- To ensure full traceability is maintained at all times
- To accurately weigh and visually check all ingredients to ensure products are produced in line with the quality standards
- To ensure all areas of the factory are cleaned in accordance with the hygiene procedures and a “clean as you go” policy is adopted by all.
- To protect the health, safety and welfare of the job-holder and others at all times.
- To take an active role in continuously developing personal skills and knowledge through self-development activities and/or through attending Company organised training and development opportunities.
- To ensure that the Company is professionally represented at all times, both inside and outside the business.
- To respond to ad hoc requests and/or take an active role in specific projects as directed by the role’s line manager.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required by the Company
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.