We are currently looking to recruit two Mechanical Engineer at our Dartmouth Way Site in Leeds, working 40 hours per week, one position is on the day shift and one on the afternoon shift, Monday-Friday.
You will be responsible for Planned Maintenance, reacting to breakdowns, fault finding on a range of filling, packing machinery (mechanically & electrically) and size changes to include guidance of the production equipment on site at Dartmouth Way.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide general maintenance for all production related equipment.
- To ensure all PPM’s are completed on time as part of your KPI’s Targets
- Ensuring requests for Size changes are completed in a satisfactory time period
- To action the maintenance associated in the provision of equipment.
- To manage contractors associated with the maintenance and repairs of all equipment when required to do so.
- To ensure compliance to all aspects of the company health and safety policy with specific regard to the management of contractors.
- To ensure compliance to all aspects of the Company Quality Policy and GMP with specific regard to the management of contractors.
- Ensure that all statutory and regulatory checks are carried out as per the service agreements and schedules in place for all production equipment.
- To provide front line engineering support to the manufacturing operations following the Company rules on Health and Safety, Quality and Engineering Procedures.
- To complete stores requisitions for parts and services.
- To continually monitor plant conditions and report defects.
- To maintain a detailed log of all work carried out on plant using the appropriate Company systems.
- To ensure that the Company is professionally represented at all times, both inside and outside the business.
- To protect the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others at all times.
- To take an active role in continuously developing your skills and knowledge through self-development activities and/or through attending Company organised training and development opportunities.
- To respond to ad hoc requests and/or take an active role in specific projects as directed by your line manager.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required by the Company.
- Working with single phase & three phase systems.
- Competent in electrical fault finding in panels, 3 phase motors, inverters, relays.
- Basic fault-finding knowledge of PLC's.
- Good mechanical skills - knowledge of pneumatics, bearings, gearboxes.
- Knowledge of pneumatics.
- Machining on lathe & milling machines.
- Welding skill set in TIG.
- Planned & preventative maintenance schedules.
- Good bench fitting skill set.
We are looking to speak to experienced electrically biased maintenance engineers who are looking for a rewarding and challenging contract position.