- Drive the engineering team to improve and better the current maintenance planning & execution system
- Develop the current CMMS (Computer maintenance management system)” Holistech” to reduce downtime on equipment. Maintain the asset register. Work with production to plan in maintenance on equipment, Plan in annual O/haul work.
- Review downtime data and key priorities to focus engineering support
- Develop stores and spare parts stock requirements for your area of responsibility
- Implement a “root cause to manage failure” system – support Engineering Manager to roll out to teams
- Lead shift hand over meetings and shift reports
- Deliver team briefs and business reports
- Provide stand-in support for Site Engineering Manager
- Lead external audit visits through the planned maintenance & breakdown procedure
- Hands on engineering breakdown support
- Support the engineering budget through delivering cost effective maintenance
- Drive Capital improvement programs through exposing opportunities, cost / benefit analysis reports, requests for cash and implementation.
- H&S Champion ensuring safe working of your team & others at all times
- Contractor management & Permit issue management
- To ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner in compliance with the companies Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and to work safely with other employees.
- To protect the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others at all times through demonstrating the lead for H&S on site.
- To take an active role in continuously developing your skills and knowledge through self-development activities and/or through attending Company organised training and development opportunities.
- To ensure that the Company is professionally represented at all times, both inside and outside the business.
- To respond to ad hoc requests and/or take an active role in specific projects as directed by your line manager.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required by the Company.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR STAFF/EQUIPMENT/BUDGET
- Interaction with site contractors
- Engineering Budget Support
- Engineering KPIs
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS/KEY RESULT AREAS
- Manufacturing efficiency targets
- Planned Maintenance adherence & targets
- Hazard reports
- Mean Time To Failure (MTTF)
- Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Root Cause Analysis reports completed
- Capital project submissions & implementation
- Improvement proposals with clear cost benefit analysis
- Team Development
Please note: all details are provided for guidance only and do not necessarily limit the responsibilities and accountabilities of the job.