Dartmouth Way, Leeds
We are currently looking to recruit a Building Services Electrician based at our Dartmouth Way Site in Leeds, working Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
The ideal candidate will be time served and hold the 18th edition, with C&G 2391 Inspection and Testing qualifications being an advantage but not essential.
The role will involve working on single / three phase systems such as installation of machinery and lighting also maintenance / repairs and testing of Emergency lighting, lighting, Switch gear, Fire alarms, Portable Appliance Testing, Air conditioning and Roller shutter / rapid doors.
Must be conversant with SWA, FP 200, trunking, metal / plastic conduits, cable tray etc. Knowledge of general building repairs would be an advantage.
The role is based at Dartmouth Way in Leeds with occasional travel to other sites.
- To ensure a Dynamic Risk Assessment is carried out before any work is commenced.
- To work to a High Standard and comply with Health & Safety legislation.
- Ensure that any projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Be able to work at height.
- Reactive breakdown support in extremely busy situations.
- Look at ways of improving energy efficiency throughout the business.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner in compliance with the companies Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and to work safely with other employees.
- To protect the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others at all times through demonstrating the lead for H&S on site.
- To take an active role in continuously developing your skills and knowledge through self-development activities and/or through attending Company organised training and development opportunities.
- To ensure that the Company is professionally represented at all times, both inside and outside the business.
- To respond to ad-hoc requests and/or take an active role in specific projects as directed by your line manager.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required by the Company.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.